Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Skulls in the Closet

Skulls in the Closet
(A sixteenth century restaurant. Medieval music plays in the background as the King enjoys dinner with his fiancee.)

Fiancee: Tell me about your last wife.

King: Oh, you don't want to hear about that.

Fiancee: I'd feel more secure going into this marriage with open eyes.

King: (Sigh!) Very well. What do you want to know?

Fiancee: What did you love about her?

King: Her sister had eight male children. I need to father a boy to succeed me effectively as King.

Fiancee: How did you meet?

King: My wife introduced me to her.

Fiancee: Your wife? You mean you were already married?

King: Technically speaking, perhaps, but I've changed the laws to straighten that all out.

Fiancee: I see. How did your earlier marriage end?

King: Decapitation.

Fiancee: (Aghast) And you still don't have a male heir...

King: Yes, decapitation again. Waiter!

Fiancee: (Terrified) And what would happen to me if I failed to bear you a son?

King: (Patting her hand) There, there, dear, don't lose your head over it.

  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2015. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment