Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pieces of Heart

Pieces of Heart
So the Liberals won the election. I don't know what I vote for most of the time, because they won't tell me, but like most voters, I know what I vote against. I wonder if I'm the same age as the prime minister. Let's hope we have more luck with the son of a former prime minister than the U.S. did with the son of a former president.

If anyone saw that last script about the public school student on TV, I was its author. I can't clearly recall sharing it in the past but I well might have. I watched a documentary last night that flattered eighteenth century pirates. Their plunder once drove the whole world economy, even deciding the outcome of wars. These pirates didn't steal music and humor, they stole gold that came from Spain's brutal conquest. Given the shady source of their plunder, there was something almost legitimate about their work. A pirate's 'pieces of eight' bears no resemblance to the pieces of heart, my heart, that were stolen from me.

Who wrote that Janis Joplin song Another Piece of My Heart? Did she write that? Great song. Now but now but now but now but now but I write in a totally different vein. How we express ourselves in words is very personal. I love poetry, so my rock often has a refined, epic kind of lyrical appeal. How I phrase my dialogues is also critical to their effectiveness as works of humor. I recall in 2007 how TV stars would grab my posts and butcher them while they were still online. They know that it takes more than a funny idea to write a successful sketch. But they started plagiarizing me outright almost as soon as I withdrew from the web in November 2007.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment