Friday, October 9, 2015

Happy as Possible

Happy as Possible
My imagination ultimately betrays me in this world, ever suggesting the possibilities of greater happiness. One may go ahead and conquer the whole planet and still find himself dissatisfied. That's what I meant when I said yesterday that I doubt I will ever find true happiness in this life. My imagination is too great to let me think that whatever happiness I might gain here is the most I will ever have. But my understanding of the religious Heaven offered by my faith is that it makes its boundaries from the very limits of my imagination. No reward on this Earth could compete with it. I'm still going to fight for whatever happiness I can get here, but I'm just being realistic about what kind of payoff to expect.

These people who think they can only be happy if they're popular stars should consider the motives of popular stars for stealing my work. If stars were happy with their success, they wouldn't have needed to rob me of mine. There must be something ultimately dissatisfying about being a star. Maybe the corporate media shouldn't praise it so much and let individuals get on with achieving more suitable and productive goals for themselves - and give artists like myself a break from all the constant crime.

I'm keeping my music offline and saving it in a form that is somewhat encoded so that I will have some new songs to play when I get on a stage. You won't hear anything new from me until at least halfway into next year. The only work I claim is what I have in this account and its related YouTube account. I think it's all above a certain level of quality that should make it easy for you to spot its counterfeits elsewhere.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment