Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Friendly Chat

Friendly Chat
I'm dong well with my recording these days. Nice to have a song or two to myself, at least for now.

I recall why I started writing talk show dialogues in 2006 now. It was a tool I used to invent characters. By creating a simple situation for them, it helped me to define them. I meant to use some of those characters in cartoons but the TV stars got to them first. I did not write it out of any admiration for talk shows or to compete with talk shows. But I had fun writing it, both times, until apparently it drew the attention of irate talk show hosts.

I learned how to write advertising copy in college in the 1980's. People probably liked my commercials, which would have been unpleasant for ad people whose work is usually unappreciated.

This might help to explain the mistreatment I've received from the broadcasting industry. And yet, I share their skills and could have conceivably wound up working right next to them as their friend. Perhaps a gap of estrangement has grown from my years of comparative isolation and the intense experience I report online. In person, however, I think I appear friendly to most others.

[6:35 pm:] Speaking of hostile strangers, I meant to add a note about a mystery woman who has mocked me out loud in the library the past few days. The day before yesterday, she said something about 'this beautiful gift'. Possibly the same voice today said something about being 'inspired.' She uses the same smarmy tone that I recall getting from one of the Nasco office workers back in '08. If you're her friend and she's pretending to address these unwelcome remarks to you, could you tell her to shut up for me please? I don't know her, but I think she has dreadful manners.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment