Thursday, October 15, 2015

If It Feels Good

If It Feels Good
I wonder what would become of my work if I killed myself today. When you look at how unfairly I've been treated by the broadcasting business, you might understand why I often consider suicide. If you're able to write things that people enjoy, your only hope of fulfillment in this world is a job as an artist. This fulfillment has for the last ten or twenty years been offered to malicious frauds in my place, with no regard for my life and future. As my work was broadcast all over the TV and radio, it had the appearance of being a finite trend, and now it appears that culpable broadcasters want us to put their trend behind us, now that I want to make money with my work. I don't see my work as a trend, but as a timeless expression of my life, which is why I was inspired to rewrite so much of it from current experience.

My songs and 'laughs' deliver a spiritual lift to people who would have been my fans if they'd not been misled by irresponsible broadcasters. This payoff has come to be associated with the act of rejecting me, thanks to all the fraud and hate. I could see how a lot of people could have even grown addicted to such hate over the years and may now suffer a kind of emotional withdrawal from learning the truth about me. The broadcasters appear to want to 'cure' this condition by handing out more of the same hate. Their destructive influence on my image has been most impressive, but they've yet to show me anything good or positive about their power. If you feel bad about what happened to me, I hope you can find another way out of it than by rejecting me again.

I've got some great new songs in the works at home. They're at least as good as anything I've shared online and I look forward to sharing them from the stage. They would make a fine party set, I think. Meanwhile, I'll keep them offline and listen to how my online sets are being abused every day. The sun's out in Vancouver. Have a good one.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment