Monday, September 14, 2015

Soliciting the Destitute

Soliciting the Destitute
I have a relationship with copyright and trademark lawyers that dates back to 2007. Was the 'cassette' of songs stolen from my YouTube account which was submitted to a major label by the latest musical fraud sensation solicited by a proper copyright and trademark lawyer? If I were doing 'A and R' for a big label like Warner or Zydeco, I wouldn't touch anything that came in unsolicited. Only the mark of an intellectual property lawyer would convince me that the music I was listening to was sent to me by the person who owned it. I would want to protect the people counting on me, especially the pretty workers, from the ravages of a criminal psychopath. By the same token, I would not submit my demo to any big labels unsolicited because, given my experience of the last eight years, I need the extra security of legal representation. I hope this information helps major labels to avoid signing any more frauds with my music.

I'm in good spirits these days, managing to live within a budget for the first time in my life. I may dip into my savings tomorrow for a little break from the soup line, but I have made great steps in improving my money management abilities in the last couple of months. It's too bad I thought I needed to keep up a decent appearance by spending so much extra income on my rent for so many years, when my public image was being bashed the whole time. Even if I'd have managed to save a thousand dollars a year since the first serious violations of my copyrights, I'd have sixteen thousand dollars by now. Oh well, live and learn, as they say.

[3:45pm] In an old rock star interview, I once read that groupies had become a thing of the past and that they had mostly been supplanted by nurses and aromatherapists. I don't know who I will ultimately end up with, but whomever she is, I plan to treat her well. I would want to do more than have a physical relationship. For instance, it would be nice to have a live model to draw and paint. I am playful and creative and capable of offering a wide variety of stimulating pastimes. I bet we'd have a lot of fun.

It has been a harrowing summer but I managed to get through it in one piece. I sense a significant reduction in the hate was building up to clear the way for these latest violators of my music and comedy. Maybe my Australian friend can see it on my web pages better than I can. (How are ya, mate? Sorry for bashing AC/DC. I loved them when I was fourteen and I still like their sound. That blog was more aimed at some local pests in the soup line I visit.) Having been through this a few times now, I have learned to forgive any fans who were caught on the wrong side of this crime and who feel bad about it now. I'm also learning how to handle the hate of a large crowd: with love. Forgiving people and loving them makes us all feel better. I might as well learn to cope with this crazy life since I am liable to face these kinds of problems all the way to my grave.

I'm going to follow this with a little script that came to me from my restored memory of 2007, when I kept forgiving the TV stars who were stealing from me and they took advantage of my good nature to steal even more. I think I shared it then and they ended up stealing it, too. Stinkers. Anyway, I must getting close to the end having to rewrite these old dialogues.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment