Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Poor Man, Rich Man

Poor Man, Rich Man
I was a little afraid to turn out my lights last night, but I fell asleep peacefully and had no weird dreams. By the way, was my old 90's ballad Together Again illegally playing on the country station at any point? If so, we must prosecute the person who stole it. I think it's important to show the world that this fraud was not genre specific and that it was a crime against music, not a crime of rock. Rock is a musical genre, not a criminal. And what about Beyonce's theft of my Under My Umbrella, which crosses over to the mainstream pop realm? And what about the television's theft of my thousands of scripts and statements? Let's let's be careful to distinguish the crime of fraud from its wounded targets. You may start by rejecting tasteless comedians who want to bash rock.

I spoke yesterday of a very real phenomenon that may currently affect some industry people who got mixed up on the wrong side of the crimes against my work and image. I said that the joy my songs bring into the hearts of my listeners causes distress to those who opposed me. If these industry people were simply duped into thinking I was a fraud, they have nothing to fear from me. Actually, I don't want to hurt anyone. I've been forced into a defensive posture by the aggressive attacks of so many online assassins. I'm sure that if these industry people simply 'bite the bullet' and sustain this sense of panic for the moment, they will eventually overcome it and be capable of joining my celebration. As far as I know, most of the culpable industry staff have been neutralized over the last couple of years.

Someone said that I was rich today as I overtook him on the sidewalk. I am? I must be one of those rich people who needs soup lines and a public pension. I used to be upset about this, but I'm feeling better now that I'm learning how to control my money. Once I have saved enough to finance a little musical tour, I will have begun my career on a very solid, independent footing, rather than building my future out of the proceeds of lawsuits, which would be a bit like building my greatness out of other people's crimes with my work. I would have had to start out with my own resources in 2007 and I want my work to have as much integrity as possible, in spite of all the filthy crimes that have been committed with it. Besides that, I still have much work to do: authoring new songs, drawing posters, practicing, etc.

Don't let anyone pin me down in the present. The present does not really exist because it constantly changes. To gain a real picture of where I stand, compare my position in early 2010 to where I am now. From that, you may project even more impressive progress in the years to come. And my isolation is consistent with one who is training for a life of standing in front of crowds, rather than one of burying himself within a crowd.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment