Thursday, December 10, 2015

Trapped by Foresight

Trapped by Foresight
I'll add more to my post summarizing George Carlin's plagiarism as I think of it. I've already added a few more since Tuesday. Deceased or not, it's important for me to expose Carlin as a fraud with my posts. As an icon among comedians, he set a nasty example for his followers, which I think explains why the fraud with my posts was widespread among so many other performers. And there's his HBO friend friend Bill Maher telling us how 'generous' he was to 'share' his loot with other stars and performers while I was looked at like some kind of sex offender by the whole world. I can't fucking believe that this fucking asshole is allowed on a stage now.

Anyway, on another topic altogether, I recently saw something on one of my history DVD's that gave me some insight into the costume design for a 1930's film. In Things to Come, a science fiction movie that predicted a prolonged war in the twentieth century, a deranged warlord sports a bushy fur coat. I thought his costume was humorous, but I did not gather its source until I saw an interview of Colonel Billy Mitchell in the 1930's, warning about the decisiveness of air power in future wars. At the time, he was rejected for being too outspoken on the topic, though he was posthumously promoted to the rank of brigadier general for being right. Unfortunately for Mitchell, no one wanted to think about another world war in the 1930's and he would have instead been ridiculed by the filmmakers of this time.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment