Friday, December 18, 2015

Merry Christmas After All

Merry Christmas After All
I made myself get back to work on my new recording yesterday and it was a very wise decision. It's an uplifting tune and listening to it as I worked on it cheered me up. I'll see if I can get it finished and post it after the holidays. That's a time when people need a morale boost. If it made me feel better, I'm sure it will work for others.

I'm sure that some of my readers have come to count on me for at least a weekly smile in my scripts. In fact, this tragedy has helped me with my comedy writing. I generate more new ideas when my personal suffering has grown to absurd levels. I felt so good after working on my song last night that I went ahead and started penning my next Saturday Balogne Bulletin. I doubt I would have lived this long without my sense of humor.

It seems I'm not as destroyed as I imagined. One door has closed in my life but another has opened in its place. Now I'm free of the guilt of causing my mother stress with my edgy lifestyle. I don't feel bad for her. I'm sure she's with her favorite man now, the Man from Galilee. The possibilities of the afterlife are truly wondrous: learning mystical secrets, meeting with deceased friends and relatives, partying with angels, etc. I think she's happy. And if she's happy, I'm happy. She would want me to keep trying, especially with my music and poetry, and that's what I'm going to do.

So Merry Christmas, after all. I'm going to try to finish up my Christmas poem that I was going to send home and share it with you instead - hopefully on time. It's off to a pretty good start.

And I almost forgot to thank my readers for their amazing prayers on behalf of my sick sister-in-law. Her last test results showed a miraculous recovery from cancer. She keeps me informed of my dad now. Bless you sweet people.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment