Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Grave Misunderstandings

Grave Misunderstandings
I better clear up something else for those Seal fans who want Seal to have the song I wrote when I thought my mom was dead. Is that my stupid mistake, Seal fans? How are your moms? Do you want the whole explanation now? Okay, you asked for it. Bad News is the title of an e-mail I received from home on two occasions. The first, in 2007, bitterly criticized me for causing my mother stress and ended with the phrase your mom is dead, to indicate that she was exhausted. And stupid me! I thought that when I was told that my sick, eighty-one-year-old mother was dead that she was really dead! What an idiot, eh?

And where would this e-mail be now? Gee, I think my e-mail address was david147@telus.net back then. So Telus would have that old inbox. You know, Telus, the ones with that commercial with the cute little critter against the white field. They wouldn't let me reopen my old e-mail account in 2008. I bet Seal enjoyed it. As for myself, I have an identically titled email with similar content in my current inbox at g-mail to explain the inadvertent reappearance of Bad News to me.

When you have someone crooked working on the server side like that, imagine the possibilities. They can take all my praise and shower it all over one of their personal favorites. They can give the illusion of my popularity to anyone they want just by steering all the gratitude in their direction, away from me.

I better get to work on my little summary of my recording year in my chronology of my recordings. Does anyone ever read that? You can see the dates of my new recordings, which I have listed online with my lyrics, my name and my copyright notice so that you can tell when some new prick has come along to try and be the next Crystalids.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment