Saturday, July 25, 2015

Down with Dunderheads

Down with Dunderheads
Hey everyone, you know what I just heard in the food line? ACDC's coming! And you know I what I said out loud in return? Who cares! Maybe it's good news for the fifty-plus set who still haven't outgrown their adolescence, but I find it depressing. In fact, I hope I can leave town before they get here.

When I first shared my songs on the web, the reason they were popular was because they offered more than what rock fans were getting from dinosaur bands like ACDC. This new generation was smarter, more sophisticated. They needed stimulating lyrics and innovative composition, with the bass playing more than the same stupid note through every song, and above all, they needed to hear more than just ego from the singer: they needed love. And when those frauds got signed with my songs, they went on the radio and crushed dinosaur bands like ACDC with my music. No one wanted to hear ACDC's boring old shit anymore and rock fans rejoiced at the triumph of 'new rock', to the point that my songs needed their own exclusive radio station - away from ACDC. And if you ever heard one of my songs in rotation with an ACDC song, it would have been meant strictly to take a poke at me from a station like the FOX sux cox.

But now, just because the bands that stole my music have been disgraced, ACDC, like true capitalists, see a vacuum created by the disappearance of 'new rock' from the radio, a vacuum that they would like to use to try to suck up my music fans. If you support ACDC, what you are saying is that I don't deserve any success for my work because I won't blow the business like those creeps who stole my music and crushed ACDC with it.

If you liked my new sound on the radio, just be patient. I'll get out there for you. I'm planning a tour.

In the meantime, don't feel like you have to settle for music you don't really like just because the evil music business would rather destroy intelligent artists to clear the way for more profits by supporting the more abundant, common type of talent offered by bands like ACDC. You saw how the business increased their profits with my music by creating multiple stars out of it. Well, they are biased towards common sounding bands because there are so many more of them than bands who sound like me. In other words, they want you to like music that is beneath your taste so that they can make more profits. They care about quantity, not quality.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment