Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cutthroats Can't Create

Cutthroats Can't Create
In 2005 YouTube came online with the glowing promise, your fans await. They were sure right about that with my fans, some of whom have been waiting since 2006.

This is because a whole lot more awaits you out there than just your fans. Predators await to steal your work and cash it in for themselves, while the greedy business awaits to profit from their crimes and leave you broke and homeless. Insecure, wealthy stars await to gang up against you. The media awaits to undermine your popularity by crediting anyone else who might hail them as heroes with authoring your works. And the bizarre effects of world attention await to play havoc with your brain as you are persistently ignored throughout an ordeal that can last for decades. What a long, miserable trip to my grave this has been turned into by cutthroat, attention seeking assholes and their money.

On a more philosophic note, why do I share my work if it brings me so much grief? I asked myself the same question in late 2007 and decided to erase it all from the internet. Then look what happened. Once the public get their hands on you through the internet, you are stuck with your web fame. And if I'm going to be stuck with it, I want my work to be as good as possible. YouTube, which once told me that it wants to be a safe place for artists, should try to understand artists. Artists do not necessarily create and share work with the goal of being stars. Artists are simply born with talent and are compelled by nature to make positive use of this God given gift. My songs are mine, not God's. God gave me my talent, but it was my choice of my free will to struggle and to fashion new and original works of music and literature. An artist like myself can't help writing and sharing new things but YouTube could certainly help to protect him better from the horrors I have had to suffer as one their most popular choices in the last seven years. How are those commercials doing? Why do you tell us to 'increase our profits' with commercials that don't pay a cent? [Feb 2017: Sorry, I only recently learned about Adsense.].
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment